Friday, May 13, 2011

"Peter and the Crazies" Chapter 11

Dang Blogger, they wiped out the Chapter 10 page AND all the comments...

If you left a comment after my announcement about the Monkey Rodeo, please re-comment it!

Chapter 11 went out eaaaaarly Friday the 13th (boo-haa-haa), and here's the notice that went with it.

By the way, if you want to join the Secret Society of Updates, email me at peterandthevampires(at symbol)gmail.com.

=============

#1) Remember the Big Launch Day! Wednesday, May 25th! Please buy at LEAST a copy of VAMPIRES (more if you can afford it on that day) so the book can get a big promotional push as it zooms up the Kindle charts, and more people will see it!


#2) I’ve been thinking: I’m going to donate 50% of the money I make on May 25th to a charity, Save The Children (www.SaveTheChildren.org).

I figure if an author I liked asked me to email people and let people on Facebook know about his books, I might be a little uncomfortable. A lot of you don’t feel that way, but some of you might.

HOWEVER…if I were not only promoting the work of a struggling author, but also promoting giving to a charity, that would make me a lot more comfortable.

Plus, it’s a good organization. I donated to Childfund International for years until a spate of bad economic breaks forced me to stop. (The bad breaks also forced me to move back home with my folks, just so you don’t think I ditched the charity instead of, I don’t know, iced lattes.)

When I looked it up, though, I found Save The Children ranks higher in the percentage of funds that go towards helping kids, so I’m going with them.

Plus, not only do I write about kids (and thus giving to needy kids worldwide makes sense)…I couldn’t resist the name of the charity in relation to the stories I write.

“Save the kids!” sounds like a wailing plea from Dill as he points at himself.


#3) As I noted in one of my comments on the blog yesterday, I have decided that one of the next four stories after CRAZIES will contain a monkey rodeo.

Yes.

You heard me correctly:

A monkey rodeo.

I have not yet decided if this might be Jax’s favorite event of the year…or if he would just shake his head in dismay. I guess it depends on how the monkeys are treated.

I know it will be Dill’s annual highlight.

Either way, it’s ON like Donkey Kong.


#4) I have friends coming from out of town for the next four days, so you might not get any more updates until Monday. I’ll try, but no promises.

And what an unfortunate point to leave you on a cliffhanger… ; )


<< previous page | next page >>


Copyright © 2011 Darren Pillsbury. All rights reserved.

7 comments:

Rubberduck said...

I must say, watching Prescott lose it, while I'm sure is not goign to turn out well, is HIGHLY entertaining.

Obviously, Dr. V. just called out for some pizza, to treat the boys! He's just a big softy supervillain, really. The most malicious thing he's done all day is order anchovies even though it's a rare duck indeed that likes them. (Jax does, though.)

Premori = Italian, meaning "The various gubbins left over after a party", including but not limited to live animals and unexploded US Navy ordnance.

MistyCat said...

At the last party attended by Jax, I noticed that although others ordered various alcoholic beverages to accompany the Chef's Special Anchovy Casserole, Jax's tastes were much more simple and pure.

That Jax - water guy!

Ingly: That strange, tingly sensation in a café when your tea has vanished.

Todd said...

First I've encountered "gubbins." Interesting.

Um the Muse said...

For the other readers: if you haven't noticed yet, last post has a couple of updates, including some nice pictures of Peter and co.

Eldoran said...

Awww... I was almost right on spot about two things (phone & Peter doing the therapy) and then Blogspot had to destroy the evidence :-(

Well right now it is quite safe to guess what Dr. V did with the phone (and probably what he meant with the comment about what they should do in a similar situation as the museum...).

Peter could have sort of argued that Dr. V is mostly harmless - after all him being a supervillain / mad scientist is only their shared delusion - right?

Unknown said...

Yup just loved that chapter, great etnsion and dialogue.

Um the Muse said...

@ Eldoran: Yeah, I saw your comment. I was even closer, thinking it was a text message (and I suppose that that is still possible, if he's got somebody working on the inside).

@MistyCat: lol, I just got the joke.