Wednesday, May 25, 2011

"Peter and the Crazies" Chapter 16 and 17

CHAPTERS 16 & 17
"A More Familiar Face" and "A Blood-Curdling Surprise"

IT'S HERE! THE BIG DAY IS HERE! GO OUT AND BUY THE BOOKS!

Important heads up! It turns out that in order to buy the Kindle ebook, you have to have a Kindle or download the app first, which you can do by clicking here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=kcp_ipad_mkt_lnd?docId=1000493771


As of 2:15PM Eastern Time (New York City time for my international readers):

VAMPIRES: #7139 in US Kindle with only 8 purchases made! And #46 in Kindle for Children's "Spine-Tingling Horror"!
WEREWOLVES: #17,389 in US Kindle with only 5 purchases made!
FRANKENSTEIN: #20,025 in US Kindle with only 4 purchases made!

And I don't even know what the UK Kindle rankings are! Quite possibly even higher!

The point is, you can bump up these books by THOUSANDS of ranking places with just one purchase!

Thanks to everybody who's bought the books so far! I really, truly appreciate it!

========================

1) Please buy the ebooks - you would really, REALLY be helping me out a lot. More than you know. And 50% of the profits go the charity www.SaveTheChildren.org.

Here are the links. Buy all three if you can, but if you can't, please buy VAMPIRES - it's only 99 cents.

Download Kindle App: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=kcp_ipad_mkt_lnd?docId=1000493771

PETER AND THE VAMPIRES:
Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/PETER-AND-THE-VAMPIRES-ebook/dp/B004ZQRLS4/
Nook: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/PETER-AND-THE-VAMPIRES/Darren-Pillsbury/e/2940012438874
PETER AND THE WEREWOLVES:
Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/PETER-WEREWOLVES-Peter-Monsters-ebook/dp/B005067YEE
Nook: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/PETER-AND-THE-WEREWOLVES/Darren-Pillsbury/e/2940012466082
PETER AND THE FRANKENSTEIN:
Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/PETER-FRANKENSTEIN-Three-Monsters-ebook/dp/B00506UA4A
Nook: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/PETER-AND-THE-FRANKENSTEIN/Darren-Pillsbury/e/2940012466150


2) Please post on Facebook or write an email to friends extolling the virtues of these fine, fine ebooks! If you want a boilerplate email to sent, just send this (and ask them to forward it):
=================


I've been following this writer Darren Pillsbury for a couple of years now as he blogged his books page by page. Now he's publishing them as ebooks on Kindle and Nook.

PETER AND THE VAMPIRES is a bunch of stories about a kid who moves into his grandfather's house, and bad, baaaaaaaaaad things start to happen. It's similar to the HARRY POTTER books in that it has a kid battling a bunch of supernatural monsters.

On Wednesday, May 25th, the author is trying to get as many people as possible to buy his books, and he's donating 50% of his profits to www.SaveTheChildren.org for people who buy it then.

So check it out on the Kindle store or at BarnesAndNoble.com - it's only 99 cents (and $2.99 for each of the sequels, PETER AND THE WEREWOLVES and PETER AND THE FRANKENSTEIN).

The best part is, you don't have to own a Kindle or Nook to read it: you can download a free Kindle app here for your computer, Mac, iPad, iPhone, or cell phones. In fact, if you don't have a Kindle, you'll need to do this first to buy the ebook.

It's a really good story, you'd be helping a struggling author, and you're donating to charity.

Check it out - and please forward this on, if you don't mind!

PETER AND THE VAMPIRES:
Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/PETER-AND-THE-VAMPIRES-ebook/dp/B004ZQRLS4/
Nook: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/PETER-AND-THE-VAMPIRES/Darren-Pillsbury/e/2940012438874
PETER AND THE WEREWOLVES:
Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/PETER-WEREWOLVES-Peter-Monsters-ebook/dp/B005067YEE
Nook: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/PETER-AND-THE-WEREWOLVES/Darren-Pillsbury/e/2940012466082
PETER AND THE FRANKENSTEIN:
Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/PETER-FRANKENSTEIN-Three-Monsters-ebook/dp/B00506UA4A
Nook: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/PETER-AND-THE-FRANKENSTEIN/Darren-Pillsbury/e/2940012466150


<< previous page | next page >>


Copyright © 2011 Darren Pillsbury. All rights reserved.

11 comments:

Mina said...

Well, I told a few people, and one of them said they would check it out. I hope she buys it.

Kyle said...

Wow! I might have to rethink my "non-editting" stance to my kids with these last couple of chapters... but we will see when we get to that point. I will be buying the books this evening after work, but I WILL be buying them today!

wv: dizeddi >> what you are when past the dizzy point of no return.

Rai said...

Like Dill, I think I would have peed my pants. This is getting gruesome. I wonder who Peter was going to call. Perhaps Scott, though I have no idea what good that would do.

I think I convinced my friend to buy book one, since it was only $0.99. That way if he liked it he could buy the others. I also made mention that downloading the kindle for your computer gives you a free copy of treasure island and is therefore worth the space.

Kyle said...

Darren, I have to say, I own you now! Or, well, I own your BOOKS now (I bought all 3). That'll do, heheh!

wv: mialiest >> What you get when you try to minimalize the word "minimalest" even more

Todd said...

Peter and the Vampires
#4,565 Paid in Kindle Store

Peter and the Werewolves
#5,520 Paid in Kindle Store

Peter and the Frankenstein
#6,174 Paid in Kindle Store

Rubberduck said...

Hmm...these are definitely not normal mental patients. (If there is such a thing.) I think Dr. V. might have done something to them to make them this feral...beta-testing, maybe?

Glad to hear about the rankings! I'm plugging to whoever will listen...

Tropinki = The word describing one's bag when a pen has leaked inside it.

Jennifer said...

Yeah, this book is definately not for children. :-O

WV: Condomm. This is seriously the word verification? Weird.

Cat said...

Wow, gotta love how dark that chapter was. Something about people getting eaten always creeps me out... is that just me? :D

My free Kindle download not only came with Treasure Island, it had Pride and Prejudice and Aesop's Fables - aww something for everyone! Now if only they were real paper and not on a computer screen...

So how did the launch go in the end? On the Amazon UK site Vampires is apparently #15,743 :(


WV: unceesom. Adjective, used to describe the almost zombie-like state of mental patients currently occupying an alternate plane of reality. Rarely used due to being horrendously un-PC.

Cat said...

Oh yeah (curses that you can't edit your own comments!), Rai if Peter rings Scott then Scott can find Grandfather and tell him what's happening so he can break in with his shotgun in that Grandfatherly way of his. Or, you know, Scott can get help from this guy (what a guy!) he knows. Either way, they'd probably be more help than the authorities at this point.


WV: cunhor. OK I know this story's quite disturbing, but I still don't think it's appropriate to speculate on this word.

Darren said...

Mina -
Thank you!

Kyle -
Yeaaaaah, this story definitely is going to push that line. The good news is that after this story, things should be milder for awhile.

I think.

I'm pretty sure...

Rai -
911!

Thank you! And you can tell people that you can actually get all sorts of free content at the Kindle Top Free 100, from new to classics:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/digital-text/ref=pd_dp_ts_kinc_1

Kyle -
What happens when you try to minimalize "miliest"?

DON'T DO IT! It's like dividing by zero!

Todd -
Thanks, Todd! Your figures were actually the lowest I ever saw it dip, so thank you for chronicling it!

Rubberduck -
Thanks for plugging the books, I really appreciate it!

And these are not only psychopathic killers (each and every one)...they're also residing near Duskerville.

And we know what THAT means.

Jennifer -
Oh nooooes! The V-words have been contaminated by the age-inappropriateness of the story!

Cat -
No, I'm pretty creeped out by it, too...

Just wait till PETER AND THE CANNIBALS.

I'm not kidding, I'm seriously considering that one for the future.

Holy cow, that's actually not bad on the UK site! Thanks for letting me know - I had no idea!

Darren said...

Darren #2 -

*It was hailing, I was afraid I was going to lose all my comments...

Cat #2 -
That's actually a good point about Scott, I never even considered that.

Oh, my. The V-Word is using HBO words now, as Dill might say. And in combinations he's never heard before. (Me either, actually.)