Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"Peter and the Crazies" Chapter 15

Chapter 15 - "An (un)Familiar Face"

WE'RE ALMOST THERE.

Wednesday, May 25th. Big Launch Day.

Actually, some parts of the world are already there - shout out to MistyCat in New Zealand for being the first to purchase the books! Thanks!

1) Tomorrow, please purchase as many of the books as you can - preferably on Kindle, but Nook is fine, too. If you can only purchase one, buy VAMPIRES (only 99 cents).

2) If you don't mind, please post on Facebook or email people something like the following (change as you wish):

===========================

I've been following this author, Darren Pillsbury, for a couple of years now as he blogged his books page by page. Now he's publishing them as ebooks on Kindle and Nook.

PETER AND THE VAMPIRES is a bunch of stories about a kid who moves into his grandfather's house, and bad, baaaaaaaaaad things start to happen. It's similar to the HARRY POTTER books in that it has a kid battling a bunch of supernatural monsters.

On Wednesday, May 25th, the author is trying to get as many people as possible to buy his books, and he's donating 50% of his profits to www.SaveTheChildren.org for people who buy it then.

So check it out on the Kindle store or at BarnesAndNoble.com - it's only 99 cents (and $2.99 for each of the sequels, PETER AND THE WEREWOLVES and PETER AND THE FRANKENSTEIN).

The best part is, you don't have to own a Kindle or Nook to read it: you can download a free Kindle app here for your computer, Mac, iPad, iPhone, or other cell phones.

It's a really good story, you'd be helping a struggling author, and you're donating to charity.

Check it out!

PETER AND THE VAMPIRES:
Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/PETER-AND-THE-VAMPIRES-ebook/dp/B004ZQRLS4/
Nook: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/PETER-AND-THE-VAMPIRES/Darren-Pillsbury/e/2940012438874
PETER AND THE WEREWOLVES:
Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/PETER-WEREWOLVES-Peter-Monsters-ebook/dp/B005067YEE
Nook: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/PETER-AND-THE-WEREWOLVES/Darren-Pillsbury/e/2940012466082
PETER AND THE FRANKENSTEIN:
Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/PETER-FRANKENSTEIN-Three-Monsters-ebook/dp/B00506UA4A
Nook: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/PETER-AND-THE-FRANKENSTEIN/Darren-Pillsbury/e/2940012466150


==============================
======

3) I'll save #3 for Thursday. And then I'll stop bothering all of you guys after that. (For awhile, anyways.)

4) As always, if you want to join the Secret Society, email me at peterandthevampires (at symbol) gmail dot com.

Thanks!


<< previous page | next page >>


Copyright © 2011 Darren Pillsbury. All rights reserved.


6 comments:

Todd said...

Peter felt icy terror slosh its way through his guts.

I love that sentence.

I hope we find out if he was that way all along.

Rai said...

I change my mind, don't stay where you are unless what you would have missed is Dr. V saving the day. Please be Dr. V saving the day. D:

Rubberduck said...

Yikes...so I guess Prescott either had some of the serum on hand, or cut a deal with Dr. V. to let him take some to handle the inmates if he'd let him go, or give him an internet connection, or something.

I was just kidding about the fanfiction! I wouldn't dare to presume my writing's good enough to do this justice!

Also, bought all three Peter and the Ebooks just now (half past 2 in the UK...what sleep patterns?) and ALSO persuaded my flatmate to do the same. And I'll persuade my brother as well.

Tokley = A small village in Somerset famous for its population of witches. Witch hunters tried to purge the village several times, but were driven back by the particularly agressive sheep.

Rai said...

P.S. I bought all the books at about 1a.m. my time and sent the links out to those I thought would be interested. :)

MistyCat said...

(Not a story comment)
Just after 1 a.m. New Zealand time, I commented that I was about to head off to buy a Darren Pillsbury high quality book or two from Amazon.

Curse you, Murphy!

I don't own a Kindle, and I'm on dial-up. (Yes, I know.)
Amazon won't let me buy a Kindle book until I own a Kindle. So, I started to download the PC Kindle App.
Enter Christchurch earthquake aftershock 6000-odd. Exit phone connection.
Wait.
Phone restored.
Recommence Kindle download.
Enter earthquake aftershock 6000-odd + 1.
Exit phone connection.
Wait.
Phone restored.
Recommence Kindle download.
Enter earthquake aftershock 6000-odd + 2.
Exit power.
Wait.
Fall asleep.
Awake to earthquake aftershock 6000-odd + 3, at 5:30-ish a.m.
Continue download.
Enter earthquake aftershock 6000-odd + 3, 4.1 Magnitude.
Exit power.
Wait.

There's more, but it's kind of the same and kind of boring.

Anyway, I've managed to buy a couple of books, but not quite as much ahead of the rush (you have rushed to buy a book or two, haven't you?) as I expected.
Amazon said:
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #317,169 Paid in Kindle Store

Come on!
We're trying to make these books rank just a little bit higher than that!

If you can't handle really sad news, skip the next bit.

Amazon said, "Be the first to review..."

So nobody has bothered to leave a review of the book anywhere?

Nobody?

OK, I haven't yet either.

So beat me to it, already!
Be the first!

(I think I'll post this now before the earth moves again.)

Darren said...

Todd -
Glad you like it!

I have a feeling that all will be revealed about Dr. Prescott before the story is over.

Rai -
It's a rough day when the guy saving you is a guy who tried to kill you just a couple months before...

Rubberduck -
Serum theories: hmmmmmmmmm...

Awwww, that's nice of you to say about the fanfiction. Thanks.

Thanks, RB, on both your purchases and getting your brother and flatmate to do the same! I appreciate it!

Rai -
Thank you, thank you, thank you so much!

MistyCat -
I have contacted MistyCat separately by email, and tomorrow I will reveal the special honor that he has been granted for such amazing perseverance in the face of overwhelming odds.

In the meantime all I can say right now is, "God bless you, MistyCat."

Seriously, that's...I just read that post with my jaw hanging open. I was literally astounded.

Thank you, MC - I truly appreciate it. Now stay safe! And I hope your family and friends are all doing okay.