Thursday, May 26, 2011

"Peter and the Crazies" Chapter 18 and 19

Chapters 18 & 19
"Into the darkness" & "Stank-caused insanity"


Hola, everyone!

First off, thank you to everyone who bought the ebooks yesterday. It was truly, truly appreciated - and quite effective.

I started off with a rank of around 250,000. I think Amazon's updates are probably 6 - 12 hours behind, because Thursday morning VAMPIRES peaked at around #4500, and in the low 30's for Kindle children's ebooks for "spine-tingling horror."

That's pretty amazing.

According to my Kindle publisher's reports (which may not be the final figures), there were 22 copies of VAMPIRES sold yesterday, and 15 each of WEREWOLVES and FRANKENSTEIN. And another 5 of VAMPIRES and 1 each of the others on Amazon.co.uk. Not bad!

I would especially like to thank everyone who pasted on Facebook and emailed their friends. You went the extra mile, and I really, really appreciate it.

A special shout-out has to go to MistyCat. If you haven't read his epic of the misery he went through in New Zealand to purchase the book - amidst earthquakes and repeated phone outages - it's stunning. Scroll down to his comment at the end of the page.

MC: For actions far above and beyond the call of duty, I hereby dub thee Sir MistyCat of the Order of Jax (What A Guy). You are the first Knight of the Secret Society, and entitled to all titles and privileges which this entails. (For instance, when referring to MistyCat, the correct honorific is to now add "What a guy" in parentheses after his name. Jax heartily approves.)

Long live Sir MistyCat! (What a guy!)

=====================

#1) For those of you who haven't bought the books, please do. It would be nice to not slip back to #250,000 overnight. And the longer I retain that #32 ranking in the children's horror section, the more exposure the book gets. So please buy the books!

#2) I would ask those of you who bought the book to submit a review to Amazon. I'll say more about that in tomorrow's post, like a quick primer on which stories (and plots) are in which books, but this would be almost as greatly appreciated as buying the book. Even a couple of sentences will do.

<< previous page | next page >>


Copyright © 2011 Darren Pillsbury. All rights reserved.

5 comments:

Rai said...

Phew, not as bad as the other one. I wish that they had remembered where the guard stations were, but I'm sure if they keep heading in the general direction of the front door, they're bound to find something. Or if they can get to the first floor, they're probably less likely to encounter crazies there (I think they were all offices at least...).

Say, do we know when the next books will be available for purchase? I want to keep supporting you on my returned security deposit from my apartment. Haha.

Rubberduck said...

I found chapter 19 much more scary than 17 - less gruesome, but you conveyed the sense of darkness and not knowing where sounds are coming from brilliantly - very well done!

A little thing, but why is Gwen called Gwendolyn in the last few lines of 19 when she's Gwen everywhere else? Noticed it, and it seemed odd.

Resse = Type of pasta in the shape of ancient Norse Runes, making them almost the only foodstuff you can summon Ymir with.

Anonymous said...

Typo early in chapter 19: "Peter put up has hand to stop them"

Um the Muse said...

Yay! First to leave a review on B&N. I win!

myllifu: An ambulatory alien plant life. Humanity's last hope against the zombie and vampire apocalypse. They're quite tasty, too.

Darren said...

Rai -
Yeah, they're lost back in hallways, and kind of going on general sense of direction to try to get back.

Well, PETER AND THE MUMMY and IMAGINARY FRIENDS probably won't be available as ebooks for another 4 or 5 months is my guess. Just earmark the money for later, Rai - I'll definitely be asking you to buy copies when they come out!

And thanks for being willing to buy more!

Rubberduck -
Thanks! I'm glad you liked it so much!

I think it was because I had two lines, back to back, with her name in it - but it does look a little odd now that you mention it.

Anonymous -
Thanks!

Um the Muse -
Um, you rock! Would you mind posting it on Amazon, too? It can be the exact same review. I sent out a PDF with the Secret Society update.

Thanks again for doing that!