Monday, May 9, 2011

"Peter and the Crazies" Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

"In which Dr. Veedermeier chats with Peter, Gwen, and Dill"


HEY! If you guys didn't read yesterday's announcement, I'm discontinuing the blog - but I've started a "Secret Society of Updates" via email! (Thanks to Kyle for the name.)

Part of that is to make sure that people who read the ebooks but have never heard of the blog, don't find this blog and read spoilers on stories that won't be released for several more months.

Some of it is that I don't want to frighten away somebody who sees a particularly scary entry (or a kind of boring one, either).

And part of it is just plain mercenary, as I don't want to compete against myself.

However, for all my long-time readers (whether 3 years or 3 weeks), email me at peterandthevampires(at symbol)gmail.com and I'll add you onto the list to get these updates by email.

(Just put in @ instead of (at symbol) up above. I don't want to have the email harvested for spam by robots, that's why I didn't just provide the full address.)

Do it quick! NOW! Email me at peterandthevampires(at symbol)gmail.com! DOOOOOO EEEEEET!


<< previous page | next page >>


Copyright © 2011 Darren Pillsbury. All rights reserved.

6 comments:

by Darren Pillsbury said...

Oh, and by the way, please continue to comment! I'll still be checking them!

Rubberduck said...

Ooh, looks dead posh in pdf format!

"He had a good heart" - well, let's face it, Dr. V. would know.

I'm sceptical as to Dr. V.'s rehabilitation...that IS what he's supposedly undergoing therapy to try and achieve, but it seems all the power in their relationship lies with him...more so than in a usual doctor/patient dynamic, I mean.

Vowbersu = Vow Bears. If you break an oath with a shaman of the forest, he will send Vow Bears after you. Do not break an oath with a shaman of the forest.

hopper said...

I'm disappointed, I loved your seires, you know how long it took to find a person like you on blogger.com! :( Yeah! along time! But I hope you continue it soon on the blog. :(

Um the Muse said...

Of course, Darren, I'll be happy to do that secret thing that you secretly told me to do in order to receive that secret something and leverage it in order to help you out quickly :P

If I were in Peter's shoes, I would totally believe Dr. Veedermeier. If I were an adult, though, I would definitely consider the fact that Dr. Prescott doesn't seem to have the patients' best interests in mind. I would at the very least have tried to ask about the cup, too.

Hoboe said...

I think Peter has learned enough distrust of adults by now to not believe that Dr. V is sincere, even if Dr. V really is!

Thanks for the e-mail update! I showed my friends, and said "See! I do get an e-mail from a real writer!"

VW: pansub: a sub sandwich made of the meat from the goat part of satyrs. Very tasty, very hard to find.

Darren said...

Rubberduck -
Hahaha! Dead posh, that's my goal.

True, Dr. V probably installed it himself.

Whuuuuu? Why would you be skeptical of a guy who digs up corpses, reanimates them, and tries to kill 10-year-old children who try to stop him.

Jeez, man. Forgive and forget, I say. Does he need to make an oath with a shaman of the forest?!

hopper -
Don't go, hopper! Come back! Just email me at peterandthevampires(at symbol here)gmail.com! You can get email updates!

And the ebooks will be out for the first 13 stories in, like, 1 week!

Don't gooooo, hopper!

Don't goooooooo!

Um the Muse -
Wink wink, nudge nudge. Good, good, much appreciated, be sure to ask them what denominations they want for the unmarked bills.

SEE, Rubberduck? See - oh, wait, no, Um doesn't believe him, either.

Hoboe -
YOU TOO, Hoboe? MAN! AnakMoon started the I <3 Grandfather club, you three should start the "We Distrust Dr. Veedermeier Society."

Haha! You're welcome - and get ready to show more friends! Heck, if you can get them to buy the ebook, I'll send you a video or snail mail letter or whatnot, whatever you want!

V-word: uphern. Shortening of "up in here."

As in, "See that hole in the roof? We got's a squirrel uphern."